Cài và cấu hình BizTalk 2010 – Cấu hình Application Event Log (Phần 13)
This is an important step and it should be configured or validate before BizTalk Server Setup (part 8 ) because:
- BizTalk Server setup keeps a record of events in the Application Event Log. Depending on the BizTalk Server features installed, the amount of space required in the log may exceed its limit. If the application event log runs out of space during BizTalk Server setup, the installation will fail.
- Also in production you always want a rolling list of the latest events (information, warnings or failures) and you don’t want that your Application Event Log becomes massive in size.
However, I purposely left this point to the end because by default the Application Event Log is already correctly configured:
- Maximum log size (Kb): 20489 – that is 20 MB, which gives us a comfortable historic of events
- And the option “Overwrite events as needed (oldest events first)” is select, with this option we prevent that the log to exceed its limits, avoiding installation failures:
- Typical error: Inner exception: The event log file is full
To change settings in the Application Event Log
- Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Administrative Tools.
- Click Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs.
- Right-click Application and then click Properties. This opens the Log Properties dialog box.
- To see how much available space your log has, compare the Log Size field with the Maximum log size field.
- To provide more space in the event log, enter a higher number in the Maximum log size field.
- To enable overwriting of old events when the log becomes full, select Overwrite events as needed.
- To clear the log events, click Clear log.
- Click OK, to close the Event Viewer
Samples of BizTalk events in the Application Event Log
The following BizTalk host instance has initialized successfully.
BizTalk host name: BizTalkServerApplication
Windows service name: BTSSvc$BizTalkServerApplication
A message sent to adapter “SMTP” on send port ” EmailNotificationPort” with URI “mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” is suspended.
Error details: There was a failure executing the send pipeline: “Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLTransmit, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35” Source: “XML assembler” Send Port: ” EmailNotificationPort” URI: “mailto: email@example.com” Reason: Name cannot begin with the ‘<’ character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 2, position 1.
A request-response for the “SOAP” adapter at receive location “/WebServiceasmx” has timed out before a response could be delivered.
The cube “MyView” was not processed. Please run the cube DTS to process the cube.
The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port “DynamicSendPort” with URL “http://Service.asmx”. It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:”Server was unable to process request. —> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”.
Posted on 09/08/2012, in Biztalk Server, Công nghệ và Giáo dục, Chính sách CNTT, EDI Framework, HUB to HUB, HUB to Point, Lập trình VC#, Microsoft, MS Biztalk, Programming, RFID, Sống và đam mê khoa học, Server talk to Server and tagged Microsoft. Bookmark the permalink. Để lại bình luận.